THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO FOLLOWED IKIMASHO! IN 2016!
The sun has already set for the last time in Japan for 2016. Cheers to all my blog readers and followers on Facebook for following IKIMASHO! this year – I hope it has continued to give you a glimpse of what living in Tokyo is like, beyond the stereotypical neon and fish market photos you see in guidebooks.
Some of my highlights from this year include:
- Seeing some really cool festivals for the first time, including the Penis Festival in Kawasaki; Darkness Festival in Fuchu; and White Heron Dance in Asakusa.
- Witnessing a Yakuza show of strength in the backstreets of Tokyo
- Hanging out with Pato Banton, totally random
- Working with the Shangri-La in Taipei and the Hyatt in Borneo
- Visiting Brunei for the first time
I have a few tentative travel plans for 2017 but they may well change. March: Fukuoka, Japan / May: Hong Kong & Macau / August: Sri Lanka & Maldives (although I’d still love to visit Timor Leste or Papua New Guinea). And of course in between checking out a load of cultural festivals in Tokyo, as well as continuing to eat my way through Kanto’s top-rated ramen restaurants.
Hope you all had a great holiday, and Happy New Year! 明けましておめでとうございます。 Some random photos below from this year.
Happy New Year!
Akemashite omedetou gozaimasu!
Thank you! Happy New Year!!